GENERAL GRADUATION GUIDELINES:
Prior to the start of the semester in which you anticipate to graduate you should review the instructions below. This will help ensure that you have met all of the requirements necessary before graduation. The following are general guidelines to consider when verifying your graduation eligibility:
- Send an e-mail request for a graduation check to the Graduate School, at least one month prior to the semester you intend to graduate. Graduate School staff will review your KUSIS profile to verify that you have met all course requirements to graduate. You will be informed if you need to take additional courses or if you have other missing requirements. This will provide you with sufficient time to register for the necessary courses during your final semester.
- You will receive emails from the Graduate School during the start of each term regarding graduation deadlines. These emails will contain the important deadlines for graduation. Please pay careful attention to these deadlines.
Please notify the Graduate School of Sciences and Engineering regarding the below requirements before the thesis defense:
- Thesis jury members must be appointed and the names must be sent to Graduate School 3 weeks before the thesis defense date by the filling the “Thesis Jury Appointment Form” which can be found below.
- Send your copy of whole thesis as a report with the thesis submission form to all thesis jury members at least 10 days (for PhD) and a week (for MS thesis) prior to the thesis defense date. All thesis copies are now required to be scanned through turnitin. The student must submit a plagiarism program report to the jury members with their thesis and must get jury’s signatures on thesis submission form. “Thesis Submission Form” can be found below. You can log in to turnitin with your own account. You should follow the below steps to upload your thesis;
Class: Bio-Medical Sciences and Engineering
Enrollment password: BMSE123
Class ID: 10216426
Class: Chemical and Biological Engineering
Enrollment password: CHBI123
Class ID: 10216430
Class: Computational Sciences and Engineering
Enrollment password: CMSE123
Class ID: 10216431
Class: Computer Sciences and Engineering
Enrollment password: COMP123
Class ID: 10216420
Class: Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Enrollment password: ELEC123
Class ID: 10216432
Class: Industrial Engineering / Industrial Engineering and Operation Management
Enrollment password: INDR123
Class ID: 10216436
Class: Materials Science and Engineering
Enrollment password: MASE123
Class ID: 10216437
Enrollment password: MATH123
Class ID: 10216440
Class: Mechanical Engineering
Enrollment password: MECH123
Class ID: 10216438
Class: Molecular Biology and Genetics
Enrollment password: MBGE123
Class ID: 10216441
Class: Optoelectronics and Photonics Engineering
Enrollment password: OEPE123
Class ID: 10216439
Enrollment password: PHYS123
Class ID: 10216445
- Schedule your defense date at least 10 days (for PhD) and a week (for MS thesis) prior to the thesis defense date (Graduate School will assist you with room booking).
- For the thesis defense announcement; send electronic copy of the abstract of your thesis 1 week before the defense date to the Graduate School via e-mail. Please click for the draft of the announcement. You should update it with your details. Please do let us know of the contact details of the jury members coming from other universities with the mail addresses.
- Immediately following your defense, all required forms must be completed and signed and must be submitted to Graduate School within 3 days at latest.
On the day of thesis defense, prepare “tez tutanağı” which can be found below. This is the form that starts your graduation process. It is important that you have it ready in print and make all the members sign it. The form is in Turkish due to YOK (Higher Education Council of Turkey) standards however we can help you with the translation if you need it.
After the thesis defense the documents in below need to be delivered to the Graduate School of Sciences and Engineering:
- On the day of thesis defense, the form of “tez tutanağı” must be signed by the all thesis jury members and must be submitted to Graduate School.
- 3 thesis books must be submitted to Graduate School and the Pdf version of the thesis must be uploaded to the ONLINE FORM within 3 weeks after the thesis defense date.
- “Suna Kıraç Library Thesis Submission Form” must be submitted to Graduate School within 3 weeks after the thesis defense date.
- All graduate students must be authorized through e-government gateway to fill Thesis Entry Form (Tez Veri Giriş Formu). For more details, please click here. Thesis Entry Form (Tez Veri Giriş Formu) must be submitted to Graduate School within 3 weeks after the thesis defense date. This form can be found at: /http://tez2.yok.gov.tr/
- You should complete our online Alumni Contact Information Form.